Project Officer – Sector Capacity Team
Do you want to use your skills to make a real difference?
This is an exciting opportunity to drive real world outcomes for people who are homeless or at risk of being homeless and the community who passionately supports them.
Q Shelter, Queensland’s Peak Body for Homelessness and Housing is currently recruiting for a Sector Capacity Project Officer to join our passionate, high-performing team. Reporting to the Manager of Sector Capacity, this role will be based at our beautiful historic Brisbane office in Spring Hill, on the CBD fringe.
Who are we looking for?
- You are agile and experienced in project management related to engagement and learning programs
- You preferably have experience in housing and homelessness sector
- You are passionate about building sector capacity and capability
- You are committed to the vision and purpose of Q Shelter
- You actively contribute to Reconciliation with Australia’s First Nations’ peoples
- You care about and listen to the voices of people with lived experience of housing need and homelessness
- You are an exceptional communicator and team player
- You are a problem solver who finds creative ways to improve the world around you
- You are organised, self-driven and deliver on your commitments
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are strongly encouraged to apply for the role.
- Project management related to sector engagement and learning events
- Contributions to learning platforms such as online learning products and The Deck website
- Innovation and good customer service in responding to sector requests, needs and challenges
- Contributing to and driving synergy across the Q Shelter team to deliver great results for the housing and homelessness sector.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar roll
- Experience in housing and homelessness sector preferred
- Relevant tertiary qualifications preferred
- Ability to prioritise deadlines and work autonomously as well as with the team
The role is 0.6 FTE – 22.8 hours per week, 12-month contract with potential for the role to be extended.
Q Shelter offers a flexible work environment. The role falls within the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award and is graded level 5.1 ($42.94 per hour, or $50,909 per annum, exclusive of superannuation and annual leave loading). Q Shelter employees receive five weeks annual leave per year (pro-rata for part time) and a paid Christmas shutdown period. Q Shelter staff also have access to not-for-profit salary packaging, which increases their take home pay.
Q Shelter staff are expected to work within a culturally safe framework and actively contribute to the implementation of Q Shelter’s emerging Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan.
How to apply
Please submit a CV and a two-page letter addressing the key selection criteria.
Applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
All applications are due by 9am Monday 27 September 2021 and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
A criminal history check will be undertaken on the preferred candidate.
Q Shelter is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age.
We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for this role. Q Shelter is currently developing an Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan to guide and strengthen our approach to inclusion of First Nations’ Peoples.
For further information, please contact Lee-Ann Dennis on (07) 3831 5900