Manager – Service Integration Initiative
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to drive real world outcomes for people who are homeless or at risk of being homeless and the community who passionately supports them.
Queensland Shelter, a Peak Body for solutions to housing need and homelessness in Queensland, is currently recruiting for a Manager, Service Integration Initiative, to join our passionate, high-performing team. Reporting to the Executive Director, this role could be based at our Brisbane office in Spring Hill, on the CBD fringe, or in Townsville, Cairns or Mackay.
This role leads Queensland’s Service Integration Initiative. The Initiative aims to improve integration across the various front-line services available to people who are homeless, or at risk of homelessness and living with complex needs. The Initiative focuses on building the capacity, capability and collaboration of the services who support people living with complex needs. The Initiative currently has regional care coordination facilitators (“Facilitators”) in nine Queensland regions.
The ideal candidate will:
- have senior practice experience in housing and homelessness sectors and a detailed understanding of the solutions to homelessness and housing need
- have a proven track record and results in successful engagement and community development
- be experienced in planning and delivering workforce development and capability programs
- have a strong understanding of evaluation methodologies and experience in the implementation of evaluation projects, including data analysis and reporting
- be comfortable working with a high degree of autonomy
- enjoy leading and motivating a large team
- seek out creative solutions to challenging problems
- be a great communicator and write to a very high standard
- be a team player, who positively contributes to organisational culture
- be committed to culturally safe practices within Q Shelter and in working across Queensland.
- Leading the Initiative and supporting Facilitators across nine Qld regions
- Managing a team of nine staff
- Developing tools, resources and training to support Care Coordination Groups
- Strategic stakeholder engagement
- Working with funding bodies, to support implementation of the Initiative
- Developing and sustaining data reporting frameworks
- Strategic advice on solutions to homelessness, and the future design of the service system
- Work in a culturally safe way and to help deliver Q Shelter’s Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan
- A key member of the Q Shelter Leadership Team.
Diversity and inclusion
Q Shelter is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age.
We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for this role. Q Shelter is currently finalising an Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan to guide and strengthen our approach to inclusion of First Nations’ Peoples.
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate will have tertiary qualifications in Human Services and significant experience in the delivery of human services, including at least five-years’ in senior management.
- The role is 1.0 FTE – 38 hours per week.
- Q Shelter offers a flexible work environment.
- The salary, exclusive of superannuation and leave loading is $108,778.
- Q Shelter employees receive five-weeks’ annual leave per year (pro-rata for part time) and a paid Christmas shutdown period.
- Q Shelter staff also have access to not-for-profit salary packaging, which increases their take home pay.
- Q Shelter staff are expected to work within a culturally safe framework and actively contribute to the implementation of Q Shelter’s Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan.
- Q Shelter staff have access to an Employee Assistance Program.
How to apply
Please email a CV and a two-page document addressing the key selection criteria, to email@example.com.
Applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
A criminal history check will be undertaken on the preferred candidate.
All applications are due no later than COB Monday 13 June and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Q Shelter
Q Shelter is a peak body for the Queensland affordable housing and homelessness sector (“Sector”).
We are a member-based association, overseen by a Management Committee, focused on:
- building the Sector’s capacity, to deliver evidence-based solutions to housing and homelessness needs;
- influencing public policy and programs, to achieve housing and homelessness solutions; and
- investing in its owns resources and systems, as a base to improve its services to the Sector.