Community Sector Banking’s Social Investment Grants Program funds not-for-profit projects or programs working to improve social outcomes. Each year they open applications for not-for-profits to apply for grants.
Community Sector Banking directly funds our Grants Program, from an allocated 50% of net profit earned on Social Investment Deposit Accounts. Contributions from our committed Social Investment Deposit Account holders are also pooled to fund the Social Investment Grants Program.
Are you eligible to apply for a grant?
To qualify for a 2016 Social Investment grant you should consider the following criteria before applying:
- Your organisation must be a not-for-profit
- Your organisation is not required to have deductible gift recipient (DGR) status
- Activities that the grants support must be completed within 12 months
- Grants are only available for projects that operate in Australia
- Confirmation of matched funds from another funding source is encouraged
Applications will be requested to demonstrate
- The extent to which they generate value
- The extent to which they are innovative,‘showingnew ways of preventing and addressing’ homelessness
- How the grant will build capacity within the organisation to deliver the project or program sustainably
- How many people will be directly assisted
Please note that grants will not be awarded for:
- Ongoing operating costs
- Capital works
- Research or policy development
Category 3 – $50,000 Match funding
To be successful in this category, applicants need to demonstrate readiness to crowd fund the same amount of funds that is granted by the committee. E.g. A $30,000 application needs to be able to raise $30,000 themselves via letsact.com.au and the Grants Program will match these funds with $30,000 on successful completion.
TO FIND OUT MORE VISIT: http://www.communitysectorbanking.com.au/grants/eligibility