Graduate position – Policy and Sector Capacity Team
Q Shelter is seeking a graduate to join its Policy and Sector Capacity Team. The team conducts research on Sector issues and prepares policy responses. The team is committed to strengthening the capacity of Queensland’s Housing and Homelessness Sector organisations and developing the capabilities of the Sector’s workforce through a Sector Workforce Development Plan. Q Shelter has an ambitious Work Plan for delivery of projects, programs and support to the Sector.
The successful candidate will be highly interested in contributing to housing solutions and homelessness responses and have a sound understanding of the Sector and the human services environment, challenges and development of the Sector and its workforce.
To be considered for this role, the preferred candidate will be a team player, enthusiastic and interested to develop their capabilities to support project and program outcomes. The person will have a positive attitude with excellent interpersonal and writing skills and they will be highly flexible and able to work in a constantly changing and learning environment.
Preferred applicants for a full time position, will have completed a degree level qualification in a Human Services discipline or other relevant qualification. Applications are also encouraged from students in their final year of study and who are able to work part time for two or three days per week.
To apply, please forward your resume to Esther.Dabinett@qshelter.asn.au by 07 December 2018.
Enquiries about the role can be made to Keith Smailes on 0412 863 768
Part-time position – Finance Officer
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in implementing reliable financial management, budgeting, accounting and related operational practices in a not for profit setting. This candidate will have affinity with the culture and working environment of Q Shelter, with commitment to the vision and objectives of the organisation. The successful applicant will be a team player who will contribute to the internal effectiveness and efficiency of Q Shelter in key areas of finance, systems, compliance and reporting.
This role is focussed on:
- Providing leadership to operational practices for financial management and budgeting to support Q Shelter’s work plans and revenue streams
- Overseeing the development and maintenance of financial systems and data for reliable accounting records including the Chart of Accounts and bookkeeping to Australian accounting standards
- Ensuring compliance with all finance related statutory reporting and payment requirements (ATO, ASIC etc)
- Preparing financial, budgetary and expenditure analysis and reports to support good governance
- Identifying and reporting risks associated with financial management and audit professional practice
- Ensuring Q Shelter has relevant financial and budgetary policies and procedures for operations, programs, projects and activities.
To apply, please forward your resume to Esther.Dabinett@qshelter.asn.au
Enquiries about the role can be made to Esther Dabinett on (07) 3831 5900