Q Shelter’s vision is that all Queenslanders have a secure and affordable place to live.
Our Mission: To support the growth of social and affordable housing that meets the needs of vulnerable Queenslanders by connecting stakeholders across the housing continuum, boosting industry development, sharing research and policy, and delivering training and education.
Our Guiding Principles and Values: The guiding principles to which we aspire at Q Shelter are embodied by our staff and embraced by our leadership. They are also reflective of the culture we wish to foster within Q Shelter, the housing and homelessness sector, and broader community.
At Q Shelter we:
- value and champion ambitious, courageous, and progressive ideas;
- embrace the principles of fairness;
- are co-creators and collaborators;
- integrate the voices of people with a lived experience into all of the work we do;
- promote and celebrate equity, diversity, and inclusion;
- encourage and develop leaders;
- seek and share new approaches in the spirit of continuous improvement;
- are passionate in our work; and
- celebrate the contributions and success of others.